As at 25th day of march 2021, the Nigerian government has not made any official statement on flight suspension with the UAE. though there is an unconfirmed letter in circulation on social media, emanating from the UAE embassy in Nigeria, conveying UAE position on the suspended flight.
1. There is no confirmation that the letter is from the UAE embassy to Nigeria
2. Nigerian Authorities is yet to make any official statement on the flight suspension
3. There is no official statement from either Emirates Airline or the UAE Authorities
4. Nigerians who want to go back home or have a return ticket with other airline can either book flight with other carriers or use their return ticket. As the suspension only affect selected carriers.
5. As seen and confirmed from several medium, including Nigerians that entered the UAE in the past weeks, and as confirmed from some travel agency, Nigerians and expert from Nigeria and around the globe, who are willing to enter the UAE can enter via other countries if they can prove that the have been out of Nigerian for the past 14 days.
6. Flight suspension is not a ban on Nigerian passport, but flight restriction from Nigeria due to Covid 19 Protocols.
We are still expectant that there will be an update before the end of March 2021. The economic relationship between Nigeria and the UAE is strategic one as such we are optimistic that the issue of flight suspension will soon be a thing of the past.