We have heard a lot of Nigerians in the UAE ask questions like, “is my Nigerian Driver’s license useful in the UAE?” “is it hard to get a drivers licence in the UAE? “How much does it cost to get a drivers license in the UAE? “What are the procedures like?”.
So, we took the liberty to answer these questions in an interview with a Nigerian who is Residence in the UAE, Abu Dhabi to be precise. In this audio interview with Ayo Adeyemi, he took his time to explain the process it took for him to get his drivers license and what it cost him. Contrary to popular opinion, the process was somewhat seamless and not as expensive has words have it on the streets and amongst Nigerians in the UAE. However, there are several things to consider if you must have a seamless experience. And these experiences differ from one emirate to the other. And this interview is focused on Drivers license in Abu Dhabi.
If you are in other Emirates and you would like for us to have this interview with someone form those emirates then drop a comment in the comment section to let us know and if you would like to share your experience to help others have a more informed way of going about their application then feel free to also contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have an interview set up for you.
Below are highlights from the conversation with Ade Adeyemi. And you can listen to the full audio interview at the top of this post.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT APPLYING FOR DRIVERS LICENSE IN ABU DHABI
- Take an Eye Test
- Visit Mosafah which is the location of the License office/ Emirates driving school.
- You can’t apply for a drivers license with a Visa from another Emirate.
- Having a drivers license from your country is an advantage.
- It might take a while get verified when applying, so ensure to block out a day for the whole process.
- Have cash on you and your card as a backup.
- Ensure to go through the manual that is given to you at the license office as this will facilitate your performance
- You have a golden chance if you are already a driver from your home country
- Choose a driving school around the Mosafah area to get yourself familiar with the roads before your test.
- Take your classes closer to the time of your test. Preferably days before
- Always get there early otherwise when you miss your appointment you have to register afresh.
Check out this interview with a Nigerian Pastor in the UAE
Need to know how to get the Emirates Driving School in Abu Dhabi? Get Directions HERE